Every corporation must take specific actions annually to comply with prescribed legislative requirements. With a team of over 30 business lawyers, Field Law offers services intended to ensure your corporation meets its annual legislative requirements across Alberta, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Yukon and British Columbia.
Field Law can:
- act as the registered office of your corporation
- prepare and file your corporation's annual return
- prepare annual directors' and shareholders' resolutions
- receive and forward to you legal documents and other material served upon us as registered office of your corporation
- assist your accountants in the preparation of annual financial statements by providing them with necessary corporate information, and
- maintain your corporation’s minute book.
We also regularly attend annual and extraordinary general meetings for our clients to assist directors and management in addressing any issues that may arise from the meeting.
Field Law lawyers act as general and special counsel to many corporations. In those roles, we assist with the identification, development and management of corporate opportunities. Our lawyers are well versed in providing advice on a wide range of corporate governance issues ranging from financial accountability to legal oversight and risk management. We provide hands-on assistance and guidance to boards, individual directors, special committees and management in the fulfillment of their roles and responsibilities.