At Field Law, we don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach; we understand that each business, and each individual, has different needs and concerns that must be explored and considered, including the financial, reputational and time-related costs that often arise when dealing with human rights matters. Our lawyers will listen and work with you in order to develop effective strategies and solutions that are tailored to your specific circumstances.
Let us help you navigate your path forward. We can provide assistance with:
- Developing and implementing anti-harassment and anti-discrimination policies and guidelines
- Providing training for front-line supervisors and managers, and other managers or executives, with respect preventing or responding to human rights complaints
- Disability management, performance management or absenteeism concerns
- Advice regarding a return to work after an absence due to a disability
- Conducting investigations related to harassment or discrimination complaints
- Negotiating settlements
- Providing representation and acting in hearings before federal and provincial human rights tribunals
Field Law’s Labour and Employment group has the knowledge, skills and resources to help you navigate the human rights landscape and can assist, whether you are a business or an individual.
- Looking to take proactive steps to prevent harassment and/or discrimination
- Investigating a complaint of harassment or discrimination
- In need of assistance in determining or fulfilling the duty to accommodate
- Required to respond to a potential or actual human rights complaint
- Seeking accommodation on the basis of disability, family status, religious beliefs or any other protected ground
- Who may have experienced discrimination based on a protected ground under human rights legislation
To discuss how Field Law can help you with your business or individual human rights matters, please contact Kelly Nicholson in Calgary or Joël Michaud in Edmonton and Yellowknife. Stay up-to-date with all labour law issues by clicking here to sign up for our Workwise eNewsletter.