Field Law is one of the premier law firms in Western Canada. We have a reputation for outstanding client service and high ethical standards. Through our offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Yellowknife, and a legal team of more than 120 lawyers, we represent a large and diverse group of clients across an equally broad number of practice areas.
Summering at Field Law is exciting, challenging, and rewarding for students, with an emphasis on learning. We are dedicated to preparing our students for the practice of law by providing quality work and excellent learning opportunities.
Field Law prides itself on our summer student program, which we have designed to offer our students the highest quality learning experience. Highlights include:
- Orientation sessions to start your summer, including seminars on research, legal drafting, office procedures, and practice management,
- An assigned Mentor who will ensure that you will receive a broad cross-section of work during your summer,
- Regular seminars in areas such as emerging legal issues, client relations, professional ethics, marketing, and other important topics of interest to firm members,
- Ongoing CLE opportunities, both internally and externally, and
- A formal performance review towards the end of the summer, in addition to frequent informal feedback.
Field Law will not be participating in the 2021 1L summer student recruitment process.
Need more information?
Please contact Dawn Filippi
, Director of Professional Recruitment and Development.