The establishment of trusts is often an important part of the estate planning process that sometimes gets overlooked. Whether you are developing a business succession plan or want to protect your family’s future, we recognize that estate planning does not happen in isolation. Our goal is to design customized strategies to best protect what matters most to you.
Trusts are advisable for many individuals, for multiple reasons including:
- to protect and preserve assets
- to address challenges of blended families
- to avoid or reduce probate fees
- to efficiently dispose of assets
- to create income-splitting structures
- to hold assets for beneficiaries requiring special care or for minors
- to proactively provide and care for future generations.
We can assist with the preparation and administration of multiple types of trusts, depending on your individual set of circumstances, such as providing ongoing care for a vulnerable loved one or establishing the long-term governance of a family cottage.