Once you’ve solved the challenges of invention and development, the next step may lead you to commercialize and monetize your intellectual property assets. This could be through a license or sale, an investment, a joint venture, product integration, collaboration, or a hybrid combination of agreements.
At this critical stage, you need experienced advisors who can help you navigate the complexities of these negotiations, including licensing terms, royalty clauses, intellectual property due diligence, and IP indemnities.
Commercialization of your IP must be informed by the overall IP strategy for your organization. You may be a technology start-up with a game-changing innovation, or you may be developing incremental improvements to mature products in an established marketplace, or maybe you are a public company with an existing technology portfolio.
We advise organizations like yours across all of these stages of development and growth and provide extensive services related to IP strategy development including:
- Technology Development Agreements
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Technology Licensing
- Patent Licensing
- Trade-mark Licensing
- Copyright Licensing
- Asset Purchase Agreements
- Technology Integration Agreements
- Cross-Licensing Agreements
- Term sheets and offer letters for IP commercialization
- Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), non-competition, and non-solicitation restrictions
- IP ownership strategies
- Software Development Agreements
- Software Licensing and Software Distribution Agreements,
- Cloud Computing and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Agreements
- Click-Through, Browsewrap, and Online Terms and Conditions
- Sale, Purchase, and Distribution Agreements where technology is a core asset
- Technology Supplier Outsourcing Agreements
- IT Project Agreements and IT Support Agreements
- IP audits and due diligence
- Research and Collaboration Agreements
- Revenue-Sharing Agreements
- Advice on crowdfunding and related IP issues
- Technology Funding and Grant Agreements
- Acquisition of artwork rights, and art gallery issues, and
- Review of IP in the context of secured lending, secured transactions and corporate finance
Contact any one of our IP commercialization group including Richard Stobbe, Lawyer and Certified Licensing Professional (CLP) at email@example.com or 403-260-8508 to discuss your technology and IP commercialization needs and obtain an initial assessment of your IP strategy.