Jennifer Marshall is a corporate, commercial and securities lawyer that has a wide range of experience and a focus on providing practical and efficient advice.
Jennifer's practice includes guiding and advising all manner of clients in several areas, including the initial creation of business relationships, private and public debt and equity financings, merger + acquisition transactions, corporate reorganizations, continuous disclosure obligations, shareholder meeting matters, shareholder and business separation disputes and strategy, corporate governance requirements and general securities and corporate law compliance.
In her practice, Jennifer has advised and represented all manner of clients in varying circumstances including, individuals and companies, buyers and sellers, instigators and targets and issuers and underwriters.
Areas of Experience:
- Public and private debt and equity financing transactions, including private placements, initial public offerings, short form prospectus offerings and capital pool company offerings
- Public and private company purchase and sale, amalgamation, spin-out and arrangement transactions having values ranging from $1 million to over $15 million
- Proxy contests, shareholder and director meeting issues and general shareholder and director rights and obligations
- Private entity business relationship structuring including the creation of partnership, investor, shareholder, collaboration and joint venture agreements
- Shareholder/partner departures and business separation matters and, in partnership with litigation counsel, advice to both individuals and companies in contentious disputes regarding business dissolution and shareholder/partner exit issues
- Public issuer unsolicited take-over bid and subsequent negotiated acquisition of its target
- In partnership with litigation counsel, advice and direction respecting corporate record rectification matters for companies valued between $2 million and $25 million
- Providing junior and senior public issuers with ongoing assistance with their continuous disclosure obligations
- Capital reorganizations
Calgary Communities Against Sexual Abuse