Field Law’s Immigration Group provides corporate clients with skilled advice and representation on a wide range of visa and business immigration matters. Our group includes experienced lawyers and paralegals collaborating to deliver efficient, cost-effective solutions for our clients.
Our lawyers provide focused strategies to reduce the obstacles that national borders present for skills and services. We assess, develop and implement the best immigration strategies for business visits, work/study permits, permanent residence and citizenship.
Our strategies consider both Canadian in bound immigration and US outbound immigration.
Field's immigration lawyers collaborate with our lawyers in the Tax, Business, Labour + Employment, Litigation, Education and Wills, Estates + Trusts to provide one-stop service to clients with international operations or global mobility programs.
We service and advise:
- The best strategies for hiring skilled foreign workers through the Global Talent Stream or the International Mobility Program, including recruiting, advertising, obtaining labour market impact assessments (LMIAs)
- Compliance audits and inspections
- Transfers of employees/executives to the US
- Foreign Nationals
- Work permits, permanent residence, travel documents, restoration of status and citizenship in Canada
- Business visitors, students and family members accompanying temporary foreign workers
- On Appeals
- Before the Immigration Appeal Division, Canadian International Trade Tribunal, Citizenship Judges and the Federal Court of Canada
Our clients stay well-informed through complementary seminars, publications and networking opportunities. To contact our immigration lawyers, click here.
Do I need an immigration lawyer?
Immigration applications do not require a lawyer to represent you but the applications do have legal implications. An immigration lawyer can help guide you through feasible options, explain the steps of the process, and deal with any questions or issues that may arise. Further, an immigration lawyer is aware of processing trends and is equipped to advise on a wide range of issues.
How much does it cost to hire an immigration lawyer?
Since the complexity of immigration applications differ based on type of application, number of applicants and many other factors, our fees to advise and/or prepare an application vary. Our team of lawyers are happy to provide you with more information based on your specific set of circumstances and can provide hourly quotes or flat fee based pricing.