Field Law’s Energy Group provides strategic, client-focused service to a wide range of public and private clients in the energy industry, including those involved with exploration and production, pipelines, midstream facilities, downstream facilities, energy marketing and oilfield services and supplies. The size and structure of Field Law allows the Group to develop value-added, cost-effective solutions for clients.
The lawyers in Field Law’s Energy Group have significant experience in advising clients on a broad range of energy transactions and projects, including:
- Private and public equity/debt financing
- Acquisitions and divestitures of oil and gas and other energy assets (conventional, unconventional, offshore and international)
- Mergers and acquisitions of energy companies
- Structuring of joint ventures and partnerships
- Petroleum product storage, transportation and marketing arrangements
- Midstream facility development and utilization arrangements
- Indigenous engagement regarding energy development
- Environmental matters
- Regulatory compliance and management, and
- Regulatory hearings including Alberta Energy Regulator (AER), Alberta Utilities Commission (AUC), National Energy Board (NEB) and Surface Rights Board (SRB) hearings.
Members of Field Law’s Energy Group also have many years of in-house legal and business experience which provides them with an in-depth understanding of the Energy business and the needs of clients.
The core members of the Energy Group collaborate with other Field Law lawyers to advise clients on related energy industry issues including securities, intellectual property and technology, litigation, labour and employment and construction matters.
The Field Law Energy Group is here to help with any energy-related matters or issues. Please contact Cliff Johnson, QC, Leader, Energy Group, at email@example.com for further information.