Field Law has extensive experience in dealing with construction bonds which allows us to provide timely, practical and cost-effective advice to clients in this area. We have knowledge and experience with standard form bonds commonly used in the industry as well as specialty bonds. Field Law has been legal counsel in some of the leading cases involving performance bonds and labour and material payment bonds.
Our team of surety lawyers shares its in-depth experience by instructing in the field, conducting seminars and writing articles on bonding issues. We also keep our clients well informed by providing regular updates on changes, developments and practices within the industry.
Field Law assists owners, contractors, subcontractors & suppliers, and bonding companies in pursuing and defending claims on performance bonds, labour and material payment bonds, bid bonds and lien bonds, and in assisting clients in related matters, including:
- Preparing and revising standard forms of indemnity agreements and other bonding documents
- Obtaining additional or alternate security from principals and indemnitors
- Assisting in investigations of potential or actual defaults on bonded contracts
- Negotiating and preparing security and other arrangements for financing to complete bonded projects
- Assisting in arrangements for completion of bonded contracts, including preparation of contract take-over and completion contracts
- Securing and recovering contract funds and other security held by the surety from project owners and third parties
- Settling, arbitrating or litigating disputed claims and disputes with third parties over priority to contract funds
- Recovering from indemnitors under indemnity agreements or other security