Melissa Cook is a corporate commercial and securities lawyer focused on securities related matters, particularly in the areas of corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, continuous disclosure compliance, and general corporate and securities compliance.
Melissa has experience in representing both private and publicly traded issuers and has acted on behalf of underwriters and dealers in both public and private offerings of equity and debt. She also assists clients with corporate governance matters and continuous disclosure compliance obligations, as well as general corporate and commercial matters.
- Acted on behalf of Divestco Inc., a TSXV listed corporation, with a C$6.4 million asset disposition.
- Acted on behalf of the underwriters in connection with an offering of preferred shares, for aggregate gross proceeds of C$150-million.
- Assisted the joint global co-ordinators in connection with the US$580 million international IPO and Hong Kong Stock Exchange listing of a large Canadian oil sands corporation.
- Assisted a Canadian corporation on the renewal of its C$2-billion medium term note program and U$2-billion multi-jurisdictional disclosure system (MJDS) cross-border shelf program.
- Assisted a Canadian corporation in a US$1-billion offering of notes in an MJDS cross-border offering.
- Assisted a TSX listed oil and gas issuer on its C$89 million acquisition of oil and gas assets and public offering of subscription receipts for gross proceeds of C$100 million in relation to financing the acquisition.
- Assisted a TSX listed oil and gas issuer on its acquisition by way of plan of arrangement and concurrent spin-out of a TSXV listed corporation.
- Assisted a TSXV listed junior oil producer on its public offering of C$85 million principal amount of convertible unsecured subordinated debentures and a concurrent C$50.1 million share offering, for aggregate gross proceeds of C$135 million.
Before pursuing a career in law, Melissa worked for one of the largest Canadian banks for a period of four years.
Lloyd W Gardiner Memorial Prize in Trust
University of Alberta
Lougheed House Conservation Society
High profile Calgary based charitable organization
2008 - 2013