How Amendments to the MHSTA Impact Landlords of Manufactured Home Communities
June 25, 2020
Enforcing rental arrears and other tenant breaches under a Lease are an important aspect of a Landlord’s business and recently proclaimed amendments to the Mobile Home Sites Tenancies Act are going to have a direct impact on how Landlord’s handle these situations in the future.
Presented by Paul Kolida and Trina Jackson, this webinar focuses on an understanding of key considerations of the new amendments and how they will affect business and enforcement of Lease Agreements. Issues that will be addressed in this webinar include:
- Does a Landlord have to go before the Residential Tenancy Board (the “Board”) for matters involving arrears and other breaches of the Lease
- What types of application can the Board hear?
- What applications must still be heard by the Courts?
- Advantages and disadvantages of bringing applications before the Board OR the Courts
- What to do when a Tenant serves you with an application set before the Board
Who should view this webinar? This webinar is designed for Manufactured Home Community owners, managers and other key office staff who deal with tenants on a day to day basis and are involved with rent payment and Lease breaches.
Original broadcast: June 25, 2020
Click here to purchase a copy of the recording. The recording will be sent to you within one business day following payment.
Questions? Contact Joanne at firstname.lastname@example.org