Trina Jackson is a litigation paralegal with 29 years experience working primarily in enforcement of manufactured homes and residential leases in Alberta and NWT, collections, corporate + business disputes, and insurance litigation.
Trina has a variety of skills including:
- Manufactured home community lease enforcement, including terminating leases for non-payment of rent, terminating leases for a variety of breaches in the lease agreement and recovery of the site when homes are abandoned
- Commercial Lease Enforcement, including terminating commercial leases and landlord’s distress seizures
- Unsecured debt recovery and judgment enforcement for debt actions in Alberta and NWT, including commencing actions and enforcement of judgments
- Subrogated insurance claims, including commencing actions and enforcement of judgments
- Personal property security enforcement, including the seizure of secured goods
- Specializing in the enforcement of residential manufactured home leases
- Specializing in the enforcement of debt actions
Trina has been the treasurer for the Alberta Association of Professional Paralegals (AAPP) since 2017, and in 2018, she started working with MacEwan University mentoring students in their Paralegal Studies program. She also volunteers with the Edmonton Legal Community Centre.
Value to clients
Trina believes in strong relations with her clients and works very hard to ensure that she has a full understanding of their business model. Her strength is in her respect for both the client and the tenants and debtors. Trina concentrates on allowing people to feel more comfortable in stressful situations, providing simple language and a variety of options available whenever possible.
Outside the Office
Trina is passionate about wine and in 2018 obtained her Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 1. In the summer months, you will usually find her backcountry hiking one mountain or another and spending time with family and friends.
Alberta Association of Professional Paralegals (AAPP)
2017 - 2019
2018 - Present
Edmonton Legal Community Centre
2018 - Present