Human Rights + Professional Regulation: What Every Organization Needs to Know
December 11, 2019
Human rights principles can be at play in many issues faced by professional regulatory bodies. A sound knowledge and understanding of human rights concepts can ensure that regulators are carrying out their functions in a manner that respects and incorporates human rights.
Presented by Ayla Akgungor and Caitlyn Field of Field Law’s Professional Regulatory Group, this webinar will focus on an understanding of key human rights considerations and their application to regulatory functions. Regulators are also employers and need to be aware of their human rights obligations towards their employees. Issues that will be addressed in this webinar include:
- The grounds protected by human rights legislation
- The meaning of discrimination and how discrimination is established
- The duty to accommodate – when and how to accommodate
- Examples of human rights issues that arise in the registration, continuing competence and discipline contexts
- The regulator as employer: family status accommodation
Who should attend?
This webinar is designed for professional regulators and their committee, board and tribunal members involved in registration decisions, reviews and appeals.
Original presentation: December 11, 2019
Click here to purchase the recording.
Questions? Contact Kate at email@example.com