Caitlyn Field is an Edmonton-based lawyer practicing in the areas of: professional regulation, labour and employment, and human rights. Caitlyn primarily serves professional regulatory bodies with issues relating to governance, policy development, registration, protection of title, and discipline.
Caitlyn also works with corporations and individuals to develop effective workplace policies, defend grievances, address human rights commission issues, and manage employment claims such as for wrongful dismissal or severance negotiation. Caitlyn enjoys working collaboratively with clients to develop effective solutions and resolve disputes. Her pragmatic approach and analytical skills allow her to effectively resolve legal issues as they arise.
Caitlyn was born and raised in Edmonton, and loves calling this city her home. Before joining Field Law, Caitlyn worked as a judicial law clerk at the Alberta Court of Appeal. This experience gave Caitlyn first-hand experience of effective persuasion, detailed legal analysis, and the importance of zealous advocacy.
Caitlyn provides clients with a wide range of legal support including:
- Regulatory registration
- Workplace investigations
- Developing workplace policies
- Wrongful dismissal claims
- Human rights complaints
- Defending grievances
Caitlyn has assisted in matters such as:
- successfully representing a corporate body in a dispute with an employee regarding an allegation of wrongful dismissal
- successfully representing regulatory bodies in hearings relating to discipline, registration, and applications for reinstatement
- assisting a charitable organization resist a human rights complaint, and
- negotiating settlement on a number of civil litigation matters relating to wrongful dismissal and negligence.
Outside the Office
Caitlyn considers herself a bit of a "foodie" and enjoys planning a monthly dinner at different local restaurants. She also loves hiking, board games, and folk music. Caitlyn enjoys enriching her local community through volunteerism and is currently a board member for the Alumni and Friends of the Faculty of Law Association.
Friends of the Royal Alberta Museum Society
2018 - Present
Student Legal Services
Volunteer for Pro Bono Students Canada
2015 - 2016