Field Law has a wide range of experience and knowledge in all aspects of Canadian franchise law, allowing us to ensure that our clients’ franchise arrangements are properly addressed from a practical, legal and business perspective. Our group of highly trained lawyers provides assistance on a complete range of issues affecting franchise systems today including compliance with the Alberta Franchises Act.
We are leaders in providing high quality legal services to both franchisees and franchisors on a variety of matters, including:
- Preparing and drafting franchise agreements
- Providing legal advice on compliance with the Alberta Franchises Act disclosure requirements
- Structuring leasing arrangements and financing arrangements for franchised outlets
- Identifying and pursuing appropriate remedies if a franchise relationship breaks down
- Advising and assisting in negotiation and documentation of territorial expansion
- Providing advice on tax implications of franchise business in Canada
- Protecting and registering trade marks and trade names
- Protecting trade-dress
- Assisting with brand guidelines and trade-mark enforcement
- Providing advice on confidentiality obligations and trade secrets
- Assisting with all aspects of employment law and occupational health and safety legal issues
Field Law has a team of trade-mark agents with both Canadian and U.S. knowledge. Our depth of background in the field of trade-marks, both in Canada and the United States, and our network of contacts in other jurisdictions provides a solid foundation upon which to protect your brand, build your Canadian franchise, and expand it across the border.