Cocktails + Counsel: Setting Your Business Up for Success in Uncertain Times
December 3, 2020
Join Field Law for another edition of Cocktails + Counsel, this time co-presented with PARK. This complimentary series brings you together with a few of our lawyers for an unscripted chat about legal issues pertinent to local business owners in the changing economic climate. Your questions guide the discussion, and we provide our legal perspectives.
As business owners deal with both familiar and new challenges amid a global pandemic, it is important to ensure the business is set up to both survive and thrive in these less than certain times. From understanding how to proactively protect your business and its brand with key agreements and organizational considerations to understanding how to best respond in the face of employee or customer concerns, companies have many legal issues to consider.
- What are the top three legal considerations for organizing a successful business from the outset?
- What are the most important business and organizational agreements and policies my business needs?
- When can and should my business terminate employees versus putting them on temporary layoff?
- What do I need to know about entering and breaking contracts during the COVID-19 era, and how do I best protect my business and employees against related lawsuits?
- Are there any intellectual property issues that arise out of work from home trends?
Grab your after-work beverage of choice and discuss your concerns in a dynamic Q+ A session moderated by Kara Chomistek, President of PARK, together with Laura MacFarlane, Richard Stobbe, Christin Elawny and Alex Remondini of Field Law. This session allows you to ask questions and hear different legal perspectives on important issues facing business owners today.
Date: Thursday, December 3
This session is being co-presented with PARK.
Questions? Email Kate at email@example.com