Year in Review: Important Professional Regulatory Cases of 2019
February 6, 2020
Learn about the most important professional regulatory court cases of 2019. What are the key legal trends? What are the strategic and operational implications for regulators? This webinar will be presented by James Casey, QC and Leanne Monsma of Field Law’s Professional Regulatory Group. Leanne and Jim represent regulators in all area of practice and Jim is the author of the leading textbook, “The Regulation of Professions in Canada.”
The key cases address such topics as:
- Interim orders and suspensions during the discipline process
- The regulation of telepractice and the application of other provinces’ regulatory schemes in Alberta
- The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and its impact on mandatory referral policies, the discipline process and the use of protected titles
- The extent of the duty of fairness and disclosure in the investigatory stage
- Strategies for dealing with vexatious litigants in the discipline process
- Procedural errors in investigations and hearings and curing those errors
- Duty of fairness owed in assessment and registration processes
- Sanctions in cases involving sexual abuse or misconduct
- ...and much more!
Who should attend? This webinar is designed for anyone who wants to stay current with the most important legal cases and trends affecting professional regulators including staff at all levels, council members, committee members, and tribunal members.
Original presentation: February 6, 2020
Click here to purchase the recording.
Questions? Contact Kate at email@example.com