Coffee + Counsel: Employers, Are You Ready for the COVID-19 Vaccine?
May 19, 2021
Join us for another edition of Coffee + Counsel, a complimentary series that brings you together with a few of our lawyers for an unscripted chat about legal issues pertinent to organizations in Alberta. Your questions guide the discussion, and we provide our legal perspectives.
Employers have been navigating the COVID-19 pandemic for a year. While we are starting to see light on the horizon with the rollout of the country’s largest vaccination program in history, new questions now loom. As an employer, what considerations need to be taken into account when it comes to employees opting in or out of the COVID-19 vaccination? Questions about this issue are raising new areas of discussion and debate among legal teams, HR departments and employers alike:
- Can employers require that employees be vaccinated?
- What kind of medical and religious exemptions are permitted?
- Will alternatives to vaccination, such as PPE, continue to be made available to workers?
- What are the ramifications to others in the workplace if workers choose not to get vaccinated?
- What are the rights of the employer and the employee when it comes to vaccinations and workplace safety?
Grab your coffee or tea and discuss your concerns in a dynamic and open Q+A session with Steve Eichler, Christin Elawny, Jason Harley and Austin Ward.
Date: Wednesday, May 19
Time: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM MT
Questions? Contact Kate at email@example.com