Important Professional Regulatory Cases of 2021
February 1, 2022
Learn about the most important professional regulatory court cases of 2021. What are the key legal trends? What are the strategic and operational implications for regulators?
Presented by James Casey, QC and Katrina Haymond, this popular annual webinar is a comprehensive review of key cases from across Canada that address topics including:
- Joint Submissions on Sanctions
- Sexual Abuse Claims + Charter Challenges
- Registrants’ Public Statements: Balancing Free Speech + Professional Responsibilities
- Duty of Cooperation on Investigated Members
- Procedural Fairness in the Registration + Assessment Process
- Confidentiality, Privacy + Privilege
- Challenges to Publishing Information on Websites
- Delay in Professional Discipline Proceedings: An Update From the Appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada in Law Society of Saskatchewan v. Abrametz
- Restrictions on Adding Allegations During a Hearing
- The Supreme Court of Canada Decision of Vavilov: How is it Impacting Regulators?
- ...and much more!
Jim and Katrina represent regulators in all areas of practice. Jim is the author of the leading textbook, “The Regulation of Professions in Canada”. Katrina is the author of many guides for regulators and is the co-author of “The Annotated Health Professions Act.”
Who should attend? This webinar is designed for anyone who wants to stay current with the most important legal cases and trends affecting professional regulators including staff at all levels, council members, committee members, and tribunal members.
Original broadcast: February 1, 2022
Missed the Presentation? Purchase the Recording!
The webinar recording and materials can be purchased for $100. Click here to purchase.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org