Jarett Schaumberger is an Edmonton-based lawyer with experience advising individuals, partnerships and various sized corporations on corporate, commercial, intellectual property and contract law issues.
Jarett can guide you through a range of legal issues in the following areas:
- Corporate law matters, including incorporation and corporate governance
- Commercial contracts, including drafting, review and advice regarding service agreements in a wide range of fields and various forms of purchase and sale agreements
- Commercialization of intellectual property using means such as licensing and assignment
- Drafting, review and advice regarding website terms and conditions
- Advice on compliance with various Canadian privacy law statutes, including drafting, review and advice regarding company privacy policies
In terms of his legal practice, Jarett’s passion is contract law. He views each contract as a puzzle that should be solved in an organized and logical manner. Clients value his attention to detail in drafting contracts and his concise and digestible advice in reviewing them.
Value to Clients
Jarett brings a practical approach to the law by listening carefully to the needs and interests of his clients, advising on the applicable law in a direct and understandable manner, and delivering a polished work-product in an efficient timeframe.
Outside the Office
Jarett enjoys being active year-round. In the summer, you can find him walking or cycling nearly every day in Edmonton’s river valley, and in the winter, he’ll be at the gym, or if he can find the time, travelling to Sunshine or Marmot for a weekend ski-trip.
Canadian Bar Association, Alberta Business Law (North)
2022 - Present