2023 - A Year in Review: Labour + Employment (Part 1)
Seminars + Webinar
Join members of our Labour + Employment Group for our annual Year in Review, which focuses on legal updates for management and employee groups.
Part 1 of this series covered Labour and Occupational Health + Safety. To view Part 2, which covered Privacy, Employment and Human Rights, please click here.
Labour Presented by Frank Molnar, KC + Jason Kully
- Addressing termination related to off-duty conduct and harassment
- Exploring employee privacy in the context of lunchroom surveillance cameras
- Application of ALRB rules in the use of electronic petition evidence
- Legislative update: Canada Labour Code and Reform of Agencies, Boards and Commissions Compensation Act
Occupational Health + Safety Presented by Steve Eichler + Joël Michaud
- A look into the Supreme Court of Canada's divided views on defining an employer for OHS purposes
- The implications of a "Bill C-45" conviction and a 3-year sentence for a supervisor
- Recent amendments to Alberta's OHS Act and Code
- Understanding WCB coverage for remote work
|This session has been approved by CPHR Alberta for 1.5 CPD hours.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org