Important Professional Regulatory Cases of 2023
January 31, 2024
Learn about the most important professional regulatory court cases of 2023. What are the key legal trends? What are the strategic and operational implications for regulators?
Presented by Katrina Haymond, KC, Gregory Sim and James Casey, this popular annual webinar is a comprehensive review of key cases from across Canada that address topics including:
- Charter challenges to standardized entrance examinations
- Freedom of speech and regulatory restrictions: the implications for regulators of the Jordan Peterson case
- Delay in discipline proceedings
- Assessing credibility and preparing reasons
- Sexual abuse cases
- Challenges to bylaws
- Procedural fairness requirements in the registration process
- COVID-19 professional regulation litigation
- Human rights issues and the obligations on tribunals
- ...and much more!
Katrina and Greg represent regulators in all areas of practice. Katrina is the author of many guides for regulators. Greg, Katrina and James are co-authors with Jason Kully of “The Annotated Health Professions Act.” James is the author of the leading textbook, “The Regulation of Professions in Canada”.
Who should attend? This webinar is designed for anyone who wants to stay current with the most important legal cases and trends affecting professional regulators including staff at all levels, council members, committee members, and tribunal members.
Original broadcast: Wednesday, January 31
Cost: $100 per registration link
To purchase the recording please contact email@example.com.