Coffee + Counsel: Common Pitfalls to Avoid with Employment Contracts
June 13, 2023
Join us for Coffee + Counsel, a complimentary webinar series where you can connect with our lawyers for an unscripted discussion about legal issues relevant to organizations operating in Alberta and the Northwest Territories. We'll be sharing our legal perspectives, but we also want to hear from you - your questions will guide the conversation and help us understand the issues that matter most to you.
While the beginning of an employment relationship is a time of excitement and positivity, it is essential for employers to be diligent when drafting, negotiating, or entering into employment contracts. Employment contracts are a critical component of any employer-employee relationship, and having a well-drafted contract can help avoid misunderstandings and legal disputes down the line.
Whether you are an employer or HR professional, this webinar will provide valuable information and practical tips, including:
- Why should employers have employment contracts?
- What are the different types of contracts and what should be included in a contract?
- What happens if there isn’t an employment agreement in place?
- How can you improve enforceability by introducing terms and conditions of employment to new and existing employees?
- Has the pandemic changed the drafting of employment agreements?
Grab your coffee or tea and discuss your concerns in a dynamic and open virtual Q+A session with Joël Michaud, Matt Vernon, Austin Ward and Caitlyn Field.
Date: Tuesday, June 13
Time: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM MT
If you are unavailable to attend the webinar during the scheduled time please register and a recording will be sent out to you.
Questions? Contact Kate at email@example.com