Getting Ready for Bill 23: Alberta’s Professional Governance Act
May 27, 2022
Bill 23 was introduced by the Alberta Government on May 2, 2022. As we previously reported, the Bill will bring major changes for 22 professional regulatory organizations in Alberta.
Join James Casey, KC, Katrina Haymond, Gregory Sim, and Kimberly Precht of Field Law’s Professional Regulatory Group for a complimentary workshop on preparing your profession for Bill 23.
Topics covered in this workshop will include:
- Governance, regulatory models and government oversight
- Registration processes and requirements
- Continuing competence and practice review processes and requirements
- Complaints and discipline processes and requirements
- Assessing and addressing registrant incapacity
- Unauthorized practice and use of title
- A ‘checklist’ to prepare your organization for Bill 23
Who should attend? This workshop is designed for staff of the 22 professional regulatory organizations that will come under the Professional Governance Act.
Original broadcast: May 27, 2022
Interested in the recording? Contact Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org