Coffee + Counsel: Insurance Industry Insights - What's in Store for 2022?
March 29, 2022
Join Field Law for another edition of Coffee + Counsel, a complimentary series that brings you together with a few of our lawyers for an unscripted chat about legal issues pertinent to insurers in Alberta. Your questions guide the discussion, and we provide our legal perspectives.
This dynamic virtual Q+A session allows you to ask questions and hear different legal perspectives on important issues facing insurers today. While your questions will guide the discussion, some of the questions you may be thinking about could include:
- How will Direct Compensation Property Damage impact insurers?
- What are the new rates for pre-judgment interest, and when do they kick in?
- How does Statt v. SGI change how insurers need to comply with the Fair Practices Regulation?
- What does the Supreme Court’s decision in Trial Lawyers v RSA tell us about the state of the estoppel defence to an insurer’s coverage denial?
- What are the limits on what an umpire can deal with under the Insurance Act?
Grab your morning coffee or tea and discuss your insurance industry concerns with Sharon Stefanyk, KC, Peter Gibson, Brian Filips and Beth Warcholak.
Who should attend? This presentation is intended for members of the insurance industry, including adjusters and claim examiners and managers.
Original broadcast: March 29, 2022
Questions? Contact Kate at email@example.com