Taylor Woolsey is a Calgary-based lawyer whose practice focuses on labour and employment law, general litigation and insurance litigation. Her clients include: individual employees, employers, unions, and small to mid-sized corporations across a wide variety of industries. Taylor has appeared before the Alberta Provincial Court, the Alberta Court of Queen’s bench and various tribunals and commissions.
Taylor has experience advising clients on a variety of issues, including:
- Discipline and termination assistance for employers, exit package assessment for employees and wrongful dismissal claims
- Employment standards compliance and complaints
- Employment, consulting and severance agreements
- Benefit and pension administration and claims
- Workplace human rights complaints
- General disputes, contractual disputes, tort claims
- Negotiation and resolution of contractual claims
Taylor’s approach to client service rests on her ability to quickly gain a comprehensive understanding of her client’s concerns and priorities, and then work towards a collaborative, business-minded solution.
Value to Clients
“One of my strengths is building relationships; I’m a firm believer in picking up the phone and in meeting in person. By getting to know my clients, I’m able to be mindful of their goals and priorities, and can strategize with their best interests in mind to deliver a practical solution.”
Outside of Work
Taylor loves spending time outdoors with family and friends. She is often found skiing, hiking, biking and golfing.
Top Oralist in Canada
Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot
Pro Bono Law Alberta Amicus Project
2015 - Present
Student Legal Assistance
2015 - Present