Mark Baergen is a lawyer in the Edmonton office practicing in business and real estate with a focus on general corporate, commercial, securities and real estate law.
Mark’s practice includes:
- Mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and reorganization of business ventures
- Corporate and commercial strategic planning, organization of corporations, joint ventures, partnerships, limited partnerships and professional corporations
- Business organization governance planning and structuring including shareholder agreements, partnership agreements, limited partnership agreements and joint venture agreements
- Negotiating business transactions and assisting clients with developing strategies the purchase or sale of a business
- The purchase and sale of commercial, agricultural and residential real estate
- Commercial leasing for landlords and tenants concerning lease transactions involving office, industrial, retail and ground leases
He has also assisted numerous owner-operated businesses, primarily in the healthcare field and provides advice on a wide range of matters, including the setup of professional corporations, healthcare practice sales and purchases, cost sharing arrangements and associate agreements.
Outside the Office
Mark coaches hockey at the Junior level. Besides hockey, he also enjoys golfing, travelling and photography.