Jason Kully is an Edmonton-based lawyer serving clients in the practice areas of professional regulation and labour and employment. Jason’s clients include post-secondary institutions, professional regulatory organizations, as well as all sizes of businesses. Although based in Edmonton, Jason works with clients throughout Alberta.
Jason’s experience clerking at the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench has informed his own legal practice and has contributed to his development as an oral advocate for his clients.
Clients engage Jason for support on a number of issues including:
- Advising professional regulatory organizations on issues like policy and governance, discipline, privacy, unauthorized practice and registration
- Appearing before tribunals to present cases concerning allegations of unprofessional conduct, as well as acting as independent counsel
- Consulting and advising on termination and layoff situations in unionized and non-unionized environments
- Assisting with the development of human resource policies for small-to-mid-sized businesses
- Proving institutional clients with advice and support throughout the collective bargaining process
- Drafting employment agreements and assisting with the amendment of agreements
- Supporting clients throughout privacy breaches and addressing data integrity issues proactively
Value to Clients
“When working with clients, I make sure I have a clear understanding of their financial and business priorities and then craft my approach to my client’s case accordingly. Through timeliness and efficiency, informed by a full understanding of their issues in a legal and business context, I can deliver effective solutions that take a bigger-picture view of the overall situation.”
Outside the Office
Jason’s love of food and enjoying cuisines from around the world keeps him busy when he isn’t in the office. Whether he’s traveling the world and diving into the local culinary scene somewhere abroad, or simply sampling the newest arrival in Edmonton’s vibrant restaurant scene, Jason is always enriching his cultural palate. Beyond food and travel, Jason also enjoys playing volleyball and ultimate Frisbee.
Boyle Street Community Services
2017 - Present