Privacy for Condo Corporations: Understanding + Complying with PIPA
September 16, 2020
Condominiums in Alberta are defined as organizations which are subject to the requirements of the Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA). This means that condo corporations must develop and adhere to policies and practices that comply with PIPA when collecting, using and disclosing personal information about their members and residents.
- Recording information in minutes of board and corporation meetings, including results of votes and board member eligibility
- Accessing the corporation’s records
- Dealing with tenancy matters
- Enforcing Bylaws and addressing violations
- Using video surveillance technology
Who should attend? This webinar is designed for condominium owners, board members, property managers and office staff who are involved in the collection, use and disclosure of personal information from day to day, or who are interested in learning more about the duties of condominium corporations when it comes to protecting the privacy of their members and residents.
Original presentation: September 16, 2020
Missed the Presentation? Purchase the Recording!
The webinar recording and materials can be purchased for $100. Click here to purchase.