Regulatory Reform Comes to Alberta
July 30, 2020
Join Field Law’s professional regulatory lawyers and your colleagues from other health regulators for a free webinar on July 30 from 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM.
Alberta Health’s discussion paper “Proposals to Amend the Health Professions Act to Improve Regulatory Effectiveness and Efficiency” proposes the most significant changes to the Health Professions Act since it was enacted. Alberta Health seeks feedback from health regulators by August 18, 2020.
In addition, Bill 30 will increase the required percentage of public members on Colleges’ governing Councils, Hearing Tribunals and Complaint Review Committees as of April 21, 2021. Bill 30 has major implications for Council governance and the administration of complaints and discipline processes.
Topics to be addressed at the webinar include:
- Review of proposals to amend the Health Professions Act
- Comparisons with regulatory models and reforms in other jurisdictions
- Considerations for regulators preparing feedback for Alberta Health
- Review of Bill 30
- Preparing to implement an increase in public members on Councils, Hearing Tribunals and Complaint Review Committees, and
- Implications for Council election and appointment processes, Council and tribunal size as well as transitional issues.
Original presentation: July 30, 2020
Questions? Email Joanne at firstname.lastname@example.org