Fair Registration Practices Act: Implications for Professional Regulatory Organizations
Seminar + Webinar
September 16, 2019
As we previously reported, on June 19, 2019, the United Conservative Party introduced Bill 11 - Fair Registration Practices Act in the Alberta Legislature. Bill 11 received Royal Assent on June 28, 2019, and will come into force on proclamation.
Join Field Law's Professional Regulatory Group for a complimentary seminar/webinar which will assist professional regulatory organizations in understanding the Act, their obligations, and how they can proactively take steps to implement registration practices that are transparent, objective and fair.
Topics covered will include:
- An overview of the Act, including:
- New duties requiring regulators to provide information
- New timelines for issuing registration decisions
- Training requirements for individuals and committees making registration decisions
- Minister’s authority to conduct audits of registration practices and to issue compliance orders
- Minister’s authority to make Regulations
- Understanding transparency, objectivity, impartiality and procedural fairness in the registration context
- Review of the most common recommendations arising from audits/reviews by Fairness Commissioners in other jurisdictions
- What professional regulatory organizations can proactively do to get ready
Who Should Attend?
This seminar/webinar will be beneficial for staff and committee members from professional regulatory organizations who are responsible for administering the registration process, or making registration decisions.
Original presentation: September 16, 2019
Click here to view the complimentary recording.