Impact of Cannabis on the Insurance Industry
January 23, 2019
With the legalization of recreational cannabis and regulations for edibles soon to come, Field Law's Cannabis Group has the knowledge and experience to help clients, including those in the insurance industry, understand how cannabis laws impact them.
Field Law and IISA are excited to present an in-depth workshop on how the legalization of recreational cannabis is impacting and will impact the insurance industry.
Topics covered during this comprehensive half-day workshop include:
- The current status of the law for recreational cannabis use in Alberta and how this differs across Canada
- What types of policies will be impacted
- How impairment will be evaluated
- What coverage issues might arise pursuant to various standard policies
- What claims might arise and how they should be investigated, and
- Looking ahead at the legalization of edibles in 2019.
Who Should Attend
Designed for Insurance Brokers, Underwriters, Adjusters, Risk Managers, and anyone concerned about how common commercial, residential and personal insurance policies will be impacted by recreational cannabis.
Registration is limited so register early to guarantee your spot in this intimate and in-depth discussion.
Wednesday, January 23
9:00 AM - 12:30 PM MST
Registration will be processed through IISA and you will need to create a profile via the link below.
Questions? Contact Joanne at email@example.com