Field Law’s Business Immigration Group provides clients with skilled advice and representation on visa and immigration matters. Our group includes experienced lawyers and paralegals collaborating to deliver efficient, cost-effective solutions for our clients. We also work with counsel in other jurisdictions to provide one-stop service to clients with international operations or global mobility programs.
We provide a full range of visa and immigration services and represent local, national and international businesses, as well as families and individuals in a broad range of industries. We assess, develop and implement strategies for business visitors, work permits, permanent residence and citizenship in Canada. We have experience dealing with clients who may be inadmissible to Canada and obtaining access to information and privacy searches, temporary resident permits and criminal rehabilitation. We have successfully represented clients in immigration, citizenship and customs appeals.
Our services include advising and representing:
- employers on the development of temporary foreign worker programs, including recruiting, advertising, obtaining labour market opinions and complying with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations;
- employers in compliance audits and inspections under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations;
- temporary foreign workers with respect to applications for work permits, permanent residence, travel documents, restoration of status and citizenship in Canada;
- foreign nationals with respect to admission to Canada as business visitors, students and family members accompanying temporary foreign workers;
- foreign nationals and permanent residents of Canada with respect to immigration appeals before the Immigration Appeal Division, Citizenship Judges and the Federal Court of Canada; and
- Canadian businesses, citizens and permanent residents with respect to appeals of seizures and penalties under the Canada Customs Act and related matters.
We also work with Field Law’s Labour + Employment, Business and Litigation Groups to deliver quality advice and documents in these complementary areas. Field Law can also advise you in the areas of Tax, Wills, Estates and Trusts.
Our lawyers actively contribute to the development of immigration law and policy, and build and maintain relationships with government agencies, industry associations and immigration professionals in Canada and globally. We understand key developments and the opportunities and restrictions within the current laws, policies and programs. Our clients stay well-informed through complementary seminars, publications and networking opportunities.