The Health Law Practice Group at Field has been providing a broad range of strategic advice and direction on health law issues to health care organizations, clinical leaders and front line professionals in Alberta for decades, preceding the first health system regionalization in the 1990s.
Examples of relevant issues on which Field has provided advice and representation include:
- End of life care
- Consent policies, procedures and practices
- Patient safety and quality
- Quality assurance
- Clinical and governance policy development and review
- Medical Affairs advising
- Medical Staff Bylaw development, interpretation and enforcement
- Senior leadership strategic and risk advising
- Health Profession Legislation
- Class action advising
- Enterprise and clinical risk management advising
- Government relations, including Alberta Health, the Office of the Public Guardian and Children’s Services, and
- Administrative law, including internal processes and external advocacy involving the PPIC, Ombudsmen, Mental Health Patient Advocate and other oversight bodies and external partners.