Field Law has been a leading firm in health care for more than 70 years. We serve as a trusted, proactive strategic advisor to the Liability and Property Insurance Plan, Alberta Health Services and other health care organizations and professional associations throughout the province.
The health care industry is constantly changing and becoming increasingly complex. We guide our clients every step of the way, providing comprehensive legal services to help them adapt and succeed regardless of the challenges that may arise. Our health group collaborates with the firm’s entire legal team – including corporate, labour and employment, litigation and real estate – to develop integrated, practical, cost-effective solutions to our client’s issues, including the following:
- Malpractice Claim Defense
- Fatality Inquiries
- Clinical Advising
- Medical Staff Advising and Relations
- Policies, Procedures and Bylaws
- Patient Safety and Quality
- Primary Care Network Advising and Documentation
- Alternate Relationship Plans
- Infrastructure and P3 Projects
- Class Action Defence and Risk Prevention
- Environmental Matters
- Enterprise and Clinical Risk Management Advice
- Legislative Drafting and Advice
- Labour and Employment Representation
- Health Services Contracts
- Health Services Restructuring
- Construction and Commercial Development
- Professional Regulatory Representation
- Personal Services
- Corporate Organization and Governance
Field Law’s Health Group is nationally recognized as one of Canada’s leading health law firms with many of our lawyers holding key leadership positions on health boards, formulating provincial health policy and teaching at health institutions.
Field Law’s knowledge of Alberta’s health care system is second to none, offering a regional understanding of local issues and needs, regional presence and Alberta solutions. That knowledge and decades of experience with administrative, operational and frontline staff has given us industry insights regarding organizational challenges and sensitivities which enables our lawyers to help clients navigate the issues that impact their health care operations.