As Chief Marketing Officer, Simone Hughes leads integrated marketing and marketing technologies, business development, brand, PR, client experience, change management and training in these areas supporting the Firm's strategic priorities of professional excellence and client service.
Simone's experience includes innovation in brand, big data, client service, marketing, business development and communications. She has worked for law firms, an HR consultancy and banks for over 25 years in regional, national and global settings, blending her business, academic and volunteer background. She's regarded as a strategic, multi-cultural thinker and skilled, bi-lingual communicator, inspiring others to collaborate and achieve challenging organizational objectives.
Simone leads a culture of continuous improvement seizing on technological and process improvement opportunities. Some of Field's successes under her leadership include:
- Evolving and continuously improving Field Law's brand, vision, values and positioning
- Integrating marketing technolgies and employing digital and social marketing to greater advantage
- Client service initiative launching client survey, standards and firm-wide communications
- Business development and marketing lawyer-tailored training program that informs, educates and coaches
- Pitching (RFP) policy, procedures and program
- Public relations program including Field Law Community Fund Program
- Practice group strategic and annual planning processes
- Selection and implementation of a CRM solution and event automation
- New website, blog site, experience database and social media metrics
- Responsive, proactive and value-creating team
Value to Clients
"I'm good at sizing up complex situations, creating sound roadmaps and then implementing profitable client-focused plans that are sensitive to their impact on people."
Outside the Office
Simone is a Sessional Lecturer at University of Calgary's Law School teaching a new course on Marketing and Client Development. Simone is very active in the community and has volunteered with Calgary Stampede, Technovation, and was a monthlyblogger for Canadian Lawyer online. "I also play keyboards, ski and golf."
Canadian Marketing Association (CMA)
Member and Chartered Marketer
2018 to Present
Women Get On Board
2017 to Present
Legal Marketing Association (LMA)
2006 to Present
Rodeo and Golf Committees Member
2013 - Present
Horizon Housing Society
Director and Chair of Governance Committee
2012 - 2018
National Judge, volunteer, coach, mentor, regional director