As Field Law's Chief Marketing Officer, Simone Hughes leads the integrated marketing, business development, brand and public relations functions to support the firm's strategic priorities of professional excellence and client service.
Simone's experience includes innovation in brand, big data, finance, marketing, business development and public relations. She has worked for law firms, an HR consultancy and banks for over 25 years in regional, national and global settings, blending her business, academic and volunteer background. She's regarded as a strategic, multi-cultural thinker and skilled, bi-lingual communicator, inspiring others to collaborate and achieve challenging organizational objectives.
Simone leads initiatives with a continuous client service and business development balanced focus. She drives a culture of continuous improvement seizing on technological and process improvement opportunities. Some of Field's successes under her leadership include:
- Evolved Field Law brand, vision, values and positioning
- Field Law Community Fund Program
- Field Law 100 year history book
- Practice group strategic planning process
- Selection and implementation of a CRM solution and event automation
- New website, blog site, experience database and social media metrics
- RFP process and responses helping the firm win new business, and
- Responsive, proactive and value-creating Business Development and Marketing Team.
Value to Clients
"I'm good at sizing up complex situations, creating sound roadmaps and then implementing profitable client-focused plans that are sensitive to their impact on people."
Outside the Office
Simone is a Sessional Lecturer at University of Calgary's Law School teaching a new course on Marketing and Client Development. Simone is very active in the community and has volunteered with Calgary Stampede, Technovation, and was a monthlyblogger for Canadian Lawyer online. "I also play keyboards and golf."
Horizon Housing Society
Director and Chair of Governance Committee
2012 - Present
Lotteries Committee Member
2013 - Present
National Judge, volunteer, coach, mentor, regional director