Deirdre Lanigan has a general corporate, commercial and securities law practice with an emphasis on mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations of various business ventures.
Deirdre has experience advising on all operational aspects of a business enterprise. Her clients range from small business owners and start-ups to large private and publicly listed corporations in the retail, hospitality, real estate and manufacturing industries. Deirdre regularly advises entrepreneurs on business formation, development, compliance matters and finance.
Areas of Experience:
- Mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, reorganization, restructuring and dissolution
- Negotiating business transactions, including the acquisition and disposition of assets and shares
- Contract review and drafting
- Bank and equity financing
- Corporate governance, planning and structuring including incorporations, shareholder agreements, partnership agreements and joint venture agreements
- Advising on shareholder and director rights and obligations
- Commercial property matters including real estate transactions and leasing
Value to Clients
In addition to her career in law, Deirdre has gained valuable experience in the business community working alongside her siblings in their second-generation family business.
“I grew up in an entrepreneurial family where business was one of the most common topics of conversation. The business focus of my upbringing had a lasting effect that has benefitted me in my legal career as a strategic partner to businesses. Being a small business owner myself in Alberta has also provided me with a unique perspective as I am aware of what a business owner needs from their legal advisor. My understanding of the entrepreneurial mindset and firsthand business experience allows me to deliver quick, practical legal solutions and commercial strategies that allow my clients to achieve their objectives.”
Outside the Office
Deirdre stays busy outside the office chasing after her three very active young children. Deirdre also finds time to enjoy a daily spin or barre class, explore her budding interest in photography and to visit Alberta's newest restaurants and latest craft breweries.
Canadian Bar Association, Securities Law Subsection
Canadian Bar Association, Business Law Subsection
Canadian Bar Association, Commercial Real Property Subsection
Calgary Bar Association
Law Society of Alberta
Olds College Industry Advisory Committee, Brewmaster & Brewery Operations Management Program
2017 - Present
Alberta Small Brewers Association
Secretary/Treasurer & Director
2013 - Present