Professional Regulation in the Age of Social Media
Professional Regulatory Roundtable
June 19, 2018
Join the Field Law Professional Regulatory Group and your professional regulatory colleagues for another lunch time roundtable. This roundtable is designed to assist complaints directors and other regulatory professionals to navigate the issues that can arise when members engage in public criticism of their colleagues and their profession.
At this roundtable we will discuss topics including:
- The test for discipline for private “off-duty” conduct
- How to assess whether certain conduct brings the profession into “disrepute”
- The use of social media by professionals at work
- Whether professionals have an obligation to criticize substandard practice and whether they can do so online
- What considerations should apply when balancing freedom of expression and the need to protect the integrity of the profession in the eyes of the public
Date: Tuesday, June 19
Time: 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM (lunch and registration will open at 11:30 AM)
Location: Field Law Edmonton, (2500 - 10175 101 STR)
Due to space restrictions, each organization will be limited to two registrants.
For workshop questions contact Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org