Resolve to Resolve Alternatively
Professional Regulatory Roundtable Series
April 19, 2018
Join the Field Law Professional Regulatory Group and your professional regulatory colleagues for a lunchtime roundtable. This roundtable is designed to assist regulators and their staff whose mandates include resolving complaints, including by assessing and screening complaints for alternate complaint resolutions (“ACR”). A hearing is often not the only, or even the best way to resolve a complaint but regulatory legislation doesn’t always provide much guidance.
At this roundtable, a panel of regulators will share their ACR experiences and discuss topics including:
- The “sources” of authority for ACR and avoiding “pitfalls”
- Examples of ACR techniques and methods such as mediation, facilitation and “peacemaking circles”
- Ways to asses and screen complaints to determine their “fit” for ACR
- Making ACR happen: who, what, when, where and how?
- Challenges and lessons learned
Date: Thursday, April 19
Time: Noon – 2:00 PM
Location: Field Law Edmonton (2500 - 10175 101 ST)
Lunch and registration will begin at 11:30 AM.
Due to space restrictions, each organization will be limited to two registrants.
Questions? For roundtable questions please contact Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org