Field Law has accumulated a significant amount of experience serving municaplities and in the area of municipal law, providing practical and effective approaches to resolving a multitude of complex and difficult municipal law matters.
Field Law's experience in this area of law enables us to provide clients with assistance in a wide variety of areas including:
- Interpreting and drafting municipal by-laws
- Negotiating and administering development and subdivision matters including development agreements and registration of plans of subdivision, restrictive covenants and easements
- Handling all legal aspects of property acquisitions, sales and leasing including sales under the Tax Recovery Act and including the application of the goods and services tax to such transactions
- Intergovernmental correspondence and relations
- Handling all legal aspects of employee relations
- Expropriation and other litigation proceeding