Our Yellowknife office is looking for a Commercial Paralegal to work with a variety of our firm’s team members and be responsible for all aspects of commercial real estate transactions. The ideal candidate is proactive, self-sufficient, and has high attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
We place great value in a candidate’s ability to recognize the importance of team work to participate in facilitating a culture of collaboration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use word processing, spreadsheet, database to prepare correspondence and legal documents in support of Real Estate transactions.
- Answer the telephone, schedule appointments and meetings, greet visitors and handle administrative and business details.
- Review Real Estate Contracts for pertinent information such as closing requirements and managing important dates.
- Review conflict searches and coordinate file openings.
- Perform due diligence searches such as PPSA, Land Titles, Bankruptcy, Court House, and Corporation Registry with the ability to review the same and provide summary to responsible lawyers.
- Draft, prepare and organize documents required to complete residential and commercial sale and purchase transactions.
- Comprehensive review of lender instructions to determine funding requirements and the ability to draft security documents.
- Handle all Land Titles Office and Personal Property Registry registrations and filings.
- Maintain efficient file system and have strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with clients, lenders, counsel, and realtors independently.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Handle trust fund deposits in accordance with our firm’s trust policy, cheque requests, time entry and billing.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a Paralegal role, preferably within a law firm environment.
- Recognized 2-year Legal Assistant or Paralegal Diploma.
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, and document management software.
- Eager to grow and learn.
- Pro-active and self-sufficient.
- Positive attitude.
- Team oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively handle deadlines.
- A client focused approach and commitment to providing exceptional service to internal and external clients.
- Normal week-day office hours (35)
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
Qualified applicants can submit their resume to: email@example.com