Intellectual Property + Technology
Field Law’s Intellectual Property + Technology group includes patent and trademark agents, IP litigators and IP licensing specialists. We serve a variety of direct and foreign clients in IP procurement, assessment, strategy and enforcement to help them grow their businesses and innovation. We are looking for a patent agent or senior patent agent trainee to join our dynamic team.
At Field Law, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a regional law firm with offices in Calgary, Edmonton and Yellowknife, we pride ourselves on attracting and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
Field Law is a place where professional development is a priority, and professionals are supported to take their skills to the next level. We’re friendly, respectful, supportive, collaborative and guided by our values of professional excellence, ethics and best in class client service.
- Registered Canadian Patent Agent or Trainee registered with CPATA and having completed 24 months of supervised training
- Experience in patent searching and patentability opinions, drafting patent applications and prosecuting patent applications in Canada
- Degree in an engineering discipline
- Experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications in the mechanical and software arts
- A current active membership with a Canadian Law Society
*While meeting all of these requirements is most preferred, applications with a similar set of skills and experience may also be considered.