Our Yellowknife office is looking for a paralegal in our corporate services department. Reporting directly to the Practice Group Leader, this is a role where you will work with a variety of our firm’s team members and will be responsible for completing a variety of Northwest Territory, Yukon and Nunavut corporate transactions, including but not limited to general search and registration services, incorporations, shared structure amendments, share transactions, transfers, redemptions, amalgamations, extra-territorial registrations, director and officer changes, and performing searches and reports.
We place great value in a candidate’s ability to recognize the importance of team work to participate in facilitating a culture of collaboration.
Duties + Responsibilities
- Incorporate and organize territorial and federal corporations including society and not-for-profit companies.
- Assist lawyers with amalgamations, arrangements, reorganizations, and amendments.
- Extra-territorial registrations in NWT and NU throughout Canada.
- Registration of Limited Partnerships, domestic and extra-territorial.
- Preparation of dividend resolutions.
- Minute Book Review.
- Entering entities in a corporate database and document management system.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- A high level of accuracy and strong attention to detail while attending to repetitive tasks.
Qualifications + Skills
- Completion of a paralegal diploma or certificate and experience as a corporate paralegal is an asset, however, we will train the right candidate
- Experience in all aspects of NWT and NU corporate work required, Alberta CORES III work and accreditation is an asset.
- Advanced computer skills, specifically with PDF and MS Word
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate activities in a timely manner
- Familiarity with a corporate database is such as ALF is an asset
- Normal week-day office hours (35)
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced work environment
- Applicants who reside in Alberta will be considered
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Only qualified applicants will be notified.