Corporate Records Clerk - Edmonton
Our Edmonton office has an immediate opening for a Corporate Records Clerk. The Corporate Records clerk is an essential role in assisting both professional and non-professionals in their day to day work. You understand the importance of confidentiality in a professional setting and have a great attention to detail. You are organized and able to focus on the task at hand. Your ability to prioritize assists you in meeting deadlines and responding in a timely manner.
We place great value in a candidate’s ability to recognize the importance of team work to participate in facilitating a culture of collaboration.
Duties + Responsibilities
- CORES level 1 document preparation and filings including Annual Returns, Notices, consents, resignations, resolutions, trade names, Extra-Provincial Annual Returns, Extra-Provincial Notices of Change of Directors/Head Office, etc.
- Entering conflict checks to ALF database and advising responsible lawyer and requesting party of any conflicts
- Monitoring daily mail and email and delegating incoming service, payments, documents to appropriate recipient
- Daily Time entry for daily activities (billable/non-billable)
- Administrative duties including opening/closing files, pulling files and Minute Books, updating CIV forms, photocopying, scanning, filing, accounts, etc.
- Entering new entities into ALF, updating individual’s address/phone number changes, Annual Return filings and Annual Resolutions, etc.
- Running updated registers as appropriate
- Keeping Worldox, electronic, ALF and virtual minute books up to date
- Client management including telephone calls, emails, letters, sending out documents for signature, confirming registration, receiving/submitting credit card authorizations, etc.
- Setting up clients’ documents in Dealcloser or DocuSign portals (once signed downloading documents for minute book updates and registration if appropriate)
- Preparation of Corporate Records quarterly WIP report
- Reminders on outstanding matters including outstanding accounts, documents, and Annual Returns
- Billing or dealing with WIP, including transfer to file and requesting instructions for billing or write off
- Confirm trust amounts in corporate records matters
- Corporate searches (Alberta, Federal, BC, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and most other Provinces) for internal and external requests
- Preparation of invoices related to Annual Returns and Annual EP/NWPTA BC/Manitoba/Alberta – NWPTA registrations, name searches etc.
- Upkeep of monthly lists and posting in internal bulletin
- Minute book updates - electronic virtual minute books and hardcopy (corporate summary, registers, filing signed corporate documents)
- Accept and process Statements of Claim and time sensitive notices served on corporations
Qualifications + Skills
- Legal Assistant/Paralegal Diploma or related education is required
- 3+ years’ experience working in a law firm or similar professional setting
- Must have a strong understanding and extensive experience in CORES l Level work
- CORES l Certification is preferred
- Advanced computer skills (picks up program navigation easily)
- Knowledge of ALF is required
- Strong attention to detail
- Normal week-day office hours (35)
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
Qualified applicants can submit their resume to: email@example.com