Our Edmonton office has an immediate opening for an Accounting Services Clerk to join our Accounting Services Team at Field Law. Our Accounting Services department is integrated across all offices and is responsible for the firms overall accounting functions, preparing and ensuring timely, relevant, and accurate financial information.
Reporting to our Controller, as Accounting Services Clerk, you will be part of a team responsible to provide support across all offices and will ensure your job duties are done in a timely and efficient manner.
We place great value in a candidate’s ability to recognize the importance of team work to participate in facilitating a culture of collaboration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for accounts receivable duties, including depositing cheques
- Responsible for the application of general payment receipts (cheques, EFTs, direct deposits, wires, e-transfers) to client invoices
- Receive client payment calls
- Post credit card transactions
- Manage/reconcile petty cash
- Provide backup for trust accounting
- Assist with vendor/GL account reconciliations and other areas (AP/Billing) as required
- Post disbursements
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience and familiarity with online banking and LSA rules required
- Experience in trust accounting
- Experience in full cycle accounting is an asset
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Entry level accounting skills
- Completion of high school diploma
- Minimum 2 years of Law Firm experience in an accounting department.
- Normal week-day office hours (35 hours)
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
Only qualified applicants will be notified. Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.