Our Calgary office is looking for a paralegal in our corporate services department. Reporting directly to the Practice Group Leader, this is a role where you will work with a variety of our firm’s team members and will be responsible for completing a variety of corporate transactions, including but not limited to general search and registration services, incorporations, shared structure amendments, share transactions, transfers, redemptions, amalgamations, director and officer changes, and performing searches and reports.
We place great value in a candidate’s ability to recognize the importance of team work to participate in facilitating a culture of collaboration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Incorporate and organize Alberta and Federal corporations including society and not-for-profit companies
- Assist lawyers with amalgamations, arrangements, reorganizations, and amendments
- Registration of Limited Partnerships, domestic and extra-provincial
- Preparation of dividend resolutions
- Minute Book Review
- Entering entities in a corporate database and document management system
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- A high level of accuracy and strong attention to detail while attending to repetitive tasks
Qualifications + Skills
- Completion of a paralegal diploma or certificate with a minimum 3-5 years’ experience in as a corporate paralegal
- Experience in all aspects of corporate work required, APPRES, Alberta CORES II work and accreditation is preferred.
- Advanced computer skills, specifically with PDF and MS Word
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate activities in a timely manner
- Familiarity with a corporate database is such as ALF is an asset
- Normal week-day office hours (35)
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.