Are you an outstanding lawyer with extensive experience in tax law? Are you looking to establish yourself at a firm which will bring you professional and personal satisfaction? If so, you’ll want to call Field Law home.
To address the growth of the tax group, Field is looking for an established and skilled tax lawyer to add to our ability to provide specialized tax advice and solutions to clients in Canada and the United States. The candidate will work collaboratively with all members of the tax group, as well as provide internal support to lawyers in our other practice areas and should be eager to share their knowledge and experience in the form of mentorship and oversight.
The success of the tax group is driven in part by its ability to be a self-generating group with a full range of clients and its multidisciplinary approach to providing client solutions. The tax group possesses a wide range of tax planning work specializing in services to high net worth families, succession planning, cross-border clients, owner-managed businesses, widely held private business clients, as well as charities and non-profit organizations across Alberta.
The successful candidate will:
- Have significant expertise in most or all of the following areas:
- corporate reorganizations and the implementation of tax-driven transactions,
- owner-manager taxation and succession planning,
- inbound and outbound taxation issues affecting business operations conducted in Canada and the U.S.,
- analyzing and structuring M&A transactions for both purchasers and vendors,
- trust and estate planning,
- indirect taxation and/or
- agricultural tax planning;
- Work closely and collaboratively with our other Canadian and American tax practitioners in the firm to provide domestic and cross-border tax solutions;
- Provide additional mentorship and oversight to lawyers within the tax group;
- Develop, assist, and present tax planning strategies for our clients;
- Have a partly or fully portable tax practice and/or possess strong referral connections in the community.
Field Law is a friendly, respectful, and supportive firm, guided by our values of professional excellence and superior service. The opportunity to join our growing tax group presents a strong opportunity to work alongside a group of specialized and multi-disciplined tax practitioners in a friendly, entrepreneurial, and highly collaborative atmosphere.
You are a Lawyer with:
- 8 + years post-call experience in tax planning at a reputable law firm
- Completion of In-depth Tax Course or LLM in tax
- Significant experience in complex tax planning
- Strong communication, teamwork. and leadership skills
*While meeting all of these requirements is most preferred, applicants with a similar set of skills and experience may also be considered.